- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- The choices you have and your rights, including how to access and update information
Who we are and how you can contact us
When you are using our website, Central Steel Framing is the data controller (referred to as “ Central Steel Framing”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this privacy notice). Our registered office is at 1043 Rakaunui Road, Rotokawa, Taupo 3378 New Zealand.
When we refer to our website, we mean our website at https://www.centralsteelframing.co.nz/
Where we collect your personal information
We may collect, store and transfer personal information about you in the following ways:
Data you give to us:
- when you register to make an enquiry;
- when you talk to us on the phone;
- when you use our website or web chat;
- when you email or send letters to us for any reason, even for just a chat;
- when you engage with us on social media, your social media username, if you interact with us through these channels;
- if you take part in our competitions or promotions;
- when you give us feedback, comments and product reviews;
- when you book any kind of appointment with us; and
- your partially anonymised internet protocol (IP) address
Information we collect when you use our services:
- profile and usage data, including data we gather from the devices you use to connect to those services such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other internet tracking software;
- we use several products to analyse traffic to this website to understand our visitors' needs and to continually improve our sites for them. We collect only anonymous, aggregate statistics. For example, we do not tie a specific visit to a specific IP address;
- Central Steel Framing and our partners use technologies to collect and store information about the device or browser you use when you visit ours and third-party sites, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device;
- when you give us some feedback; and
- when you use our website and subscribe to our newsletter or register to take part in any campaign or competition.
Information from third parties we work with:
- Social networks
- Agents/agencies working on our behalf
- Government and law enforcement agencies
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources
Information we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Name, billing address, delivery address, email address or telephone numbers, social media addresses.
Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
Feedback and survey responses.
Information about how you use our website.
Marketing and communications information
Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
The amount and type of information that Central Steel Framing gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who wish to make an online enquiry to provide a name, email address and company name. Those who wish to download specific technical information may be required to provide additional information including role within the company to enable us to tailor future communications.
Information we collect automatically
Like most website operators, Central Steel Framing collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Central Steel Framing’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Central Steel Framing’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Central Steel Framing may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Central Steel Framing may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, Central Steel Framing may monitor the most popular pages on the Central Steel Framing website. Central Steel Framing may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
With whom information is shared
Central Steel Framing uses certain third-party services to enhance your user experience, collect public-information about visitors and collect and process payments securely.
Central Steel Framing discloses personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that need to know that information to process it on Central Steel Framing’s behalf or to provide services available at Central Steel Framing’s website/s, and they have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. By using Central Steel Framing’s website/s, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Additionally, Central Steel Framing may disclose personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Central Steel Framing believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Central Steel Framing, third parties or the public at large.
Central Steel Framing will not rent or sell personally-identifying information to anyone.
Third party links
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice or policy of every website you visit.
We may use your personal information to tell you about relevant goods or services and any upcoming offers.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a legitimate interest to do so.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time - you just need to contact us at email@example.com or use the opt-out (unsubscribe) links on any marketing message sent to you.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company other than outside our group of companies for marketing purposes. You can ask a third-party company to stop sending you marketing messages at any time, by adjusting your marketing preferences in relation to that company or by using the opt-out (unsubscribe) links on any marketing message sent to you.
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of purchasing our goods or services or any other transaction between you and us.
How you can control the information we collect
Central Steel Framing collects personally-identifying information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Central Steel Framing. You can control which information you supply at any time, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Accessing, correcting, and deleting your personal information
You have certain rights with respect to your personal data, and we want to help you review and update your information to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date. You can contact us with these requests via firstname.lastname@example.org, or Central Steel Framing, 11043 Rakaunui Road, Rotokawa, Taupo 3378 New Zealand.
- Access: You can request more information about the personal data we hold about you and request a copy of such personal data.
- Correction: If you believe that any personal data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some of or all your personal data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of consent: You can withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
How information is protected
Central Steel Framing takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. You acknowledge that the internet is not a secure medium and the privacy of your communications and personal data can never be guaranteed. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we store your personal data
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the products or services or as long as needed to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was originally collected. We may also be required to retain certain information by law and/or for legitimate business purposes (for example, tax records).